Five Sharpe & Wise Construction Bills Pass the MS Legislature – Helping Construction Parties Get Paid
• Passed in 2015 Legislative Session: SB 2364 drafted by S&W to amend 2014 lien law to clarify Notice of Contest lien form.
• Passed in 2014 Legislative Session: SB 2622 co-drafted by S&W to create a new set of lien laws expanding lien protections for the first time to Mississippi subcontractors, materialmen, engineers and surveyors.
• Passed in 2012 Legislative Session: HB 1301 drafted by S&W to amend the private payment bond statute to provide an enforceable right of contractors to a copy of the bond (now superseded by our 2014 new lien law).
• Passed in 2011 Legislative Session: SB 2363 drafted by S&W to add County Courts for enforcement of lien actions and clarify the statute of limitations (now superseded our 2014 new lien law).
• Passed in 2010 Legislative Session: SB 2800 drafted by S&W to add equipment rental suppliers to the protection of the Mississippi lien, stop notice and private payment bond statutes (now superseded by our 2014 new lien law).
 Amending Miss. Code Ann. § 85-7-433(4) (lien law form).
 Miss. Code Ann. §§ 85-7-401 to 433 2014 (new lien laws).
 Amending (former) Miss. Code Ann. § 85-7-185 (private project bonds).
 Amending (former) Miss. Code Ann. § 857-141 (liens).
 Amending (former) Miss. Code Ann. §§ 85-7-131 (liens); 85-7-181 (stop notices); 85-7-185 -189 (private project bonds)